Handheld Coatings Thickness Gauges
MMS INSPECTION DFT
The Universal Thickness Gauge for Industrial Coating Thickness Measurement
One coating thickness measuring device – diverse applications! The MMS® Inspection DFT is the all-rounder in the field of coating thickness measurement. Ideally suited for coating thickness measurement on both steel and non-ferrous metals, it finds application in a variety of industries. But here’s something special in a coating thickness gage: it’s protected against dust and water jets by an IP65-rated housing. Even under harsh conditions like in heavy corrosion protection, the dry film thickness gauge makes measuring is easy.
Due to its simple operation and a secure three-point support, you can complete the most demanding measuring tasks reliably and quickly. Signaling through light, sound and vibration immediately indicates whether the readings are within tolerance – without having to look at the display of the coating thickness gauge. Last but not least: the coating thickness measurement complies with DIN EN ISO 2178 and ASTM D7091 or DIN EN ISO 2360 and ASTM D7091.
- Coating thickness measurement according to DIN EN ISO 2178 and ASTM D7091 or DIN EN ISO 2360 and ASTM D7091
- Evaluation according to the following standards: IMO PSPC, SSPC-PA2, ISO 19840, AS 3894.3 and SIS 184160 (gauge versions High)
- Ideal for use in harsh environments: robust, ergonomic and easy to use with one hand – even when wearing gloves
- Dustproof and protected against water jets in accordance with IP65
- Intuitive user interface makes operation extremely simple: guided navigation through the functions of calibration, measurement and report generation
- Direct monitoring of the tolerance limits, indicated by means of lights, sounds and vibration
- Automatically rotating display makes reading the measured values easy in any measuring position
- Automatic base material detection (gauge versions FE+NF)
- Optional industrial package: 4 pre-configured batch types (applications) especially for coating thickness measurement in industrial settings
- Optional corrosion package: 6 pre-configured batch types (applications) especially for measuring coating thickness in corrosion protection
- Storage space for up to 250,000 measured values in 2500 batches (gauge versions ENHANCED and HIGH)
- USB interface for secure and fast data transfer
- Non-magnetizable layers e.g. zinc, chrome, copper, paint, lacquer, ceramic or plastic on steel, iron or their cast materials; measuring range 0 – 2500 μm
- Electrically non-conductive layers e.g. paint, lacquer, ceramic or plastic on aluminum, copper, brass and other non-magnetizable materials; measuring range 0 – 2000 μm
- Anodized coatings on aluminum
MP0 AND MP0R SERIES, PAINT THICKNESS GAUGE
- Especially robust instrument design for reliable coating thickness measurements under harsh conditions
- FP models with connected cable probe for easy measurement in hard-to-reach places
- Easy handling via intuitive menu navigation and 2 illuminated displays
- 3-point support and conductivity compensation for repeatable measuring results even with oddly shaped samples
- Measurement with tracking display for continuous surface sampling
- Statistical information such as mean value and standard deviation
- Memory for up to 1000 readings
Additional features with the MP0R models
- Automatically rotating displays for easy viewing of the measuring result
- Memory for up to 10,000 readings
- Pre-installed measuring modes for coating thickness measurement according to IMO PSPC or SSPC-PA2
- USB interface for transmitting the readings and evaluation with FISCHER DataCenter software
PERMASCOPE MP0 and MP0R models
- Precise coating thickness measurements of thin layers on steel and iron:like zinc, chrome, copper, paint, lacquer, or plastic coatings on steel, iron or cast iron
- Coating thickness measurements on both smooth and rough surfaces
DUALSCOPE MP0 and MP0R models
- Coating thickness measurements on steel and non-ferrous metals like zinc, chrome, copper, paint, lacquer, or plastic coatings on steel, iron or cast iron
- Coatings of paint, lacquer or plastic on aluminum, copper or brass
- Anodized coatings on aluminum
- Suitable for both smooth and rough surfaces
- Measurement of thick non-ferrous metal layers and thick protective layers on steel and iron
- Measurement of insulating layers on non-ferrous metals
- Precise coating thickness measurements on practically all non-ferrous metals like coatings of paint, lacquer or plastic on aluminum, copper or brass
- Anodized coatings on aluminum
FMP10 TO FMP40, DRY FILM THICKNESS GAUGE
The mobile, all-around capabilities of the DMP family make them versatile enough for use in a wide range of applications. The flexible devices are the perfect solution for tactile and non-destructive coating thickness measurement of ferrous and non-ferrous base materials. For this, we have just the right model choices for your needs: ISOSCOPE®, DELTASCOPE® or DUALSCOPE®.
- Universal instrument series for tactile coating thickness measurement thanks to an incredibly wide probe portfolio
- Measured value memory: 250,000 measured values in 2,500 batches (DMP30/40) or 10,000 measured values in 1 batch (DMP10/20)
- Robust aluminum housing with IP64 protection, Gorilla Glass and soft bumpers
- Exchangeable Li-Ion battery for > 24 h operating time
- Easy data transfer via USB-C and Bluetooth
- Live feedback via light, sound and vibration for limit monitoring
- Cal Check function to verify your currently used calibration
- Digital and analog probes available for a wide range of applications, with the F-adapter you still have access to the entire Fischer probe portfolio
- Available with the new Tactile Suite software
FMP100 AND H FMP 150, COATING THICKNESS GAUGE
The perfect coating thickness gauge for professional quality assurance
Get maximum flexibility in coating thickness measurement while simultaneously meeting the highest demands in precision and accuracy: You can, with the DUALSCOPE® FMP100 and DUALSCOPE® H FMP150 coating thickness gauges from Fischer! They combine the magnetic-inductive measuring method and the eddy current testing method into one coating thickness gauge, so you can measure coating thicknesses on both steel and non-ferrous metals without changing instruments.
The DUALSCOPE H FMP150 coating thickness gauge offers you the magnetic method as well. This allows you to measure nickel layers on non-ferrous metals or electrical insulators, among other things.
The DUALSCOPE FMP100 and DUALSCOPE H FMP150 gauges are ideal for the most advanced measurement applications in quality assurance. You can use these handheld coating thickness devices to measure paint film , for example. You can even measure CDC coatings easily and precisely. Equipped with a touchscreen and the Windows™ CE operating system, the instruments are fast and intuitive to operate. And thanks to their large memory, they can process several thousand measuring tasks with several thousand measured values.
Various statistical and analytical functions are available for evaluating the measurements. Another one of their advantages is our patented factory diagnosis diagram (FDD). This evaluation option visualizes the process and provides a graphic overview of the distribution of production variables like layer thickness
- Wide range of measuring probes incl. many special probes for precise execution of various layer thickness measuring tasks
- Maximum flexibility, thanks to the magnetic-inductive measuring method according to DIN EN ISO 2178 and the eddy current testing according to DIN EN ISO 2360; additional magnetic method with the DUALSCOPE H FMP150
- Coating thickness measurements according to standards, with special modes for IMO PSPC, SSPC-PA2, QUALANOD or QUALICOAT
- Probes and base materials automatically recognized by the measuring device
- Detailed display of measurement patterns and inspection plans on the high-resolution graphical touchscreen
- Extensive evaluation and statistics functions with supporting graphical presentation options
- Large memory for several thousand measuring applications with different calibrations
- Windows CE operating system enables intuitive operation via graphical user interface and user-definable file-and-folder structure
- Optionally available: Fischer DataCenter software for individual creation of test plans
- USB connection to PC and printer port
- Non-magnetizable coatings on iron and steel; insulating coatings on non-ferrous metals
- Duplex coatings (paint/hot-dip galvanised coatings) on steel (heavy duty corrosion protection), whereby paint and zinc coatings are measured simultaneously and displayed separately
- DUALSCOPE H FMP150: thick metal and protective coatings on steel or iron; nickel coatings on non-ferrous metals or electrical insulators
Perfectly Suited for Measuring Coating Thickness on PC Boards and Electroplated Surfaces
Using a handheld coating thickness tester like the PHASCOPE® PMP10 makes it simple to measure electroplated coatings even on small galvanized parts like nuts, bolts and screws. Versatile and easy to use, it can also determine the thickness of non-ferrous metal coatings, for example on insulating substrates like PCB boards, or nickel on steel, zinc or copper on steel, and copper on brass or bronze.
PHASCOPE PMP10 has several features that save you time and can improve the quality assurance processes of electroplating operations. When paired with the ESD2.4 probe, it allows you to quickly measure coatings on small parts, because re-calibration for the specific geometry of the measuring spot is typically not required. It can also test on rough surfaces without diminishing the accuracy of measurements.
The PHASCOPE PMP10 uses the phase-sensitive eddy current method, which is ideal for small objects like nuts and bolts because the shape of the test piece exerts very little influence on the measurement itself. This method also enables non-contact measuring: for example, determining the thickness of copper plating on a circuit board – right through a protective paint coating.
- Handheld coating thickness measurement of nickel, zinc or copper on steel, even on rough surfaces, using phase-sensitive measurement techniques
- Easy processing and reporting of measurements with Fischer DataCenter software
- Ideally suited for tests even in the field
- The best handheld coating thickness tester for measuring zinc on steel or copper on galvanized steel
- Nickel on steel; copper on iron or on bronze
- Non-ferrous metals on non-conductive substrates, e.g. copper on circuit boards
- Thermally sprayed aluminum (TSA) on steel
- Curved geometries; convex and concave measuring stations and rough surfaces
- With special probes for inter-layer connection holes in circuit boards
- Coatings in the micrometer range on non-ferrous metals, iron or steel
- Multilayer systems consisting of single layers in the micrometer range
PHASCOPE PMP10 DUPLEX
Measuring the Thickness of Duplex Coatings Has Never Been That Easy
Looking for a car paint thickness gauge to measure duplex coatings (paint/zinc) on aluminum or galvanized steel substrates? The answer is Fischer’s PHASCOPE® PMP10 DUPLEX. The automotive sector considers it the best paint meter for processing sheet metal, brake line tubing, wire and other industry-typical applications. Improve your quality processes and save time with the ultimate automotive coating thickness tester: the PMP10 DUPLEX from Fischer.
When paired with the ESG20 probe, the PHASCOPE PMP10 DUPLEX offers many features that can save time and improve quality assurance processes in automotive manufacturing. This thickness gauge measures both the paint and the zinc layers in one go – and displays them separately on the screen. The automatic substrate recognition feature makes it easy to measure on steel or aluminum without needing to switch probes.
The PHASCOPE PMP10 DUPLEX combines three different methods for measuring automotive duplex coatings. The magnetic induction method according to DIN EN ISO 2178 measures the overall thickness of paint/zinc coatings on iron. The amplitude-sensitive eddy current method, DIN EN ISO 2360, measures a single paint layer on aluminum. The phase-sensitive eddy current method ISO 21968 measures just the zinc coatings on iron, ignoring any overlying paint layers.
- Measure paint thickness on galvanized steel in a single procedure
- Coating thickness measurement of nickel, zinc or copper on steel, even on rough surfaces, using phase-sensitive measurement techniques
- With Fischer DataCenter, readings can be easily processed and reports generated
- Test onsite or in the field
- The best paint thickness gauge for duplex measurements such as paint/zinc on steel
- Paint on aluminum and paint on zinc on iron
- Easy measurement on curved geometries such as convex and concave surfaces as well as rough surfaces
- Thinnest coatings (micrometer) on non-ferrous metals, steel or iron
- Multilayer systems consisting of single, micrometer thin layers
Do you want to know more about Handheld Coatings Thickness Gauges?
Please complete the form with your question/s and we will get back to you.