Dynamic Foam Analyzer – DFA100
Scientific analysis of liquid foams
Our DFA100 instrument for analyzing foams measures the foamability of liquids and the foam stability based on precise measurements of the foam height. With flexibly deployable modules, it also measures the liquid content of the foam or analyses the foam structure with regard to bubble size and distribution. The DFA100 assists in the optimization of foam-forming products or, in the case of unwanted foam formation, helps with specific foam prevention.
Tasks and applications
- Foams for washing and cleaning
- Foams in foodstuffs and body care products
- Surfactant development
- Flotation as a method for separating solids
- Foam-inhibiting and foam-reducing agents (Antifoamers / Defoamers)
- Foam prevention for paints and varnishes, process and waste water and cooling lubricants
Measuring methods and options
- Measurement of foamability of liquids and foam decay
- Determination of total height, foam height and liquid height
- Foaming by means of bubbles or stirring
- Investigations of externally produced foams
- Foamability parameters, including maximum height, foam capacity and foam density
- Temperature-controlled measurements up to 90°C
- Foaming with externally connected gases
For more information, please watch the video: https://youtu.be/AedypXDYnnc
Do you want to know more about Foam Analysis?
Please complete the form with your question/s and we will get back to you.