JSM-7200F Scanning Electron Microscope
The JSM-7200F is a highly versatile, easy-to-use analytical field emission SEM that offers a new level of expanded performance to the budget-conscious lab. This high resolution SEM is ideal for both imaging and analysis of nanostructures, and determining chemical composition of the sample through X-ray spectroscopy. By combining large beam currents with a small probe size at ANY accelerating voltage, the JEOL JSM-7200F dramatically increases analytical resolution to the sub 100nm scale.
From Magnetic to Neuroscience Samples
For the lab using multiple analytical techniques or requiring special capabilities, the JSM-7200F is available with low vacuum operation (JSM-7200F/LV). The LV capability is suited for non-conductive samples and for enhanced high resolution imaging of nanostructures, specimen surface details, and magnetic samples.
The JSM-7200F/LV is equipped with a large specimen chamber that accommodates a wide variety of detectors simultaneously, including: multiple EDS, WDS, STEM, BSE, and CL. A new Soft X-ray Emission Spectrometer allows efficient and parallel collection of very low-energy rays (WDS) with chemical state analysis. The system can also be equipped with a variety of sub stages including tensile, heating and cooling stages for in situ experimentation.
The JSM-7200F employs a newly designed hybrid conical objective lens that is a combination of electromagnetic and electrostatic lenses and through-the-lens electron detectors with energy filter allowing the selection of topography, Z contrast or a mix of the two. With no electromagnetic leakage below the lens, it is ideal for imaging magnetic samples and analyzing samples with EBSD. With the integration of in-the-lens acceleration and deceleration of the electron beam, low kV aberrations are reduced, yielding higher resolution at the lowest accelerating voltages.
JEOL's proven beam deceleration mode (GB Mode) decreases charging on nonconductive specimens, improves spot size at low kV, and enhances surface topography.
The thermally-assisted Schottky gun maintains long-term beam stability for analysis as well as high beam current, high resolution, and low kV high resolution imaging.
- Through-the-lens detectors with energy filter
- In-lens field emission gun
- An aberration correction lens (ACL) automatically optimizes both small probe current spot size for high resolution imaging and spot shape for high beam current, high resolution microanalysis.
- A beam deceleration mode curtails charging on nonconductive specimens such as ceramics, semiconductors and polymers.
- The objective lens forms no magnetic field around the sample, so magnetic samples can be analyzed without restriction.
Thermal, Analytical FE SEM
The JEOL JSM-7610F FEG-SEM combines two proven technologies – an electron column with semi-in-lens detectors and an in-the-lens Schottky field emission gun – to deliver ultrahigh resolution with wide range of probe currents for all applications (1pA to more than 200 nA). The JSM-7600F offers true 1,000,000X magnification with 1nm resolution and unmatched stability, making it possible to observe the fine surface morphology of nanostructures.
The JSM-7610F successfully integrates a full set of detectors for secondary electrons, backscattered electrons, EDS, WDS, EBSD, CL, and more. It is a top-of-the-line SEM for nanotechnology, material science, biology, cryo-microscopy, lithography, and compositional and structural analysis. The large specimen chamber accommodates a 200 mm diameter sample.
- Ultrahigh resolution.
- In-Lens Thermal FEG.
- Aperture angle control lens automatically optimizes the spot size at both high and low currents for both analysis and imaging.
- High probe current up to 200 nA (at 15 kV) for various analytical purposes (WDS, EDS, EBSD, CL, etc.).
- Built-in r-filter enabling user selectable mixture of secondary electron and backscattered electron images.
- Gentle Beam mode for top-surface imaging, reduced beam damage and charge suppression.
- Eco design for energy conservation.
- Large specimen chamber (200mm diameter sample).
- Ultraclean vacuum.
The JSM-7900F Field Emission SEM is a uniquely flexible platform that combines the ultimate in high resolution imaging with unparalleled nano scale microanalysis. This tool excels in lightning fast data acquisition through simple and automated operation.
Applications include imaging and analysis of metals, magnetic materials, semiconductors, ceramics, medical devices, and biological specimens.
At the heart of this premier microscope is the new electron optical system, NeoEngine, that significantly enhances alignment accuracy, optimizes probe diameter at all conditions, and simplifies observation for all levels of operators
A powerful new navigation system, Smile Navi, guides the operator through the data acquisition process. The novice can master basic SEM operation steps and an online training guide provides comprehensive support.
- Resolution: 7 Å @ 1kV, 6 Å @ 15kV, 6 Å in STEM
- Analytical resolution sub 30 nm scale
- Probe current >500nA
- High sensitivity BE detector providing exceptional performance at low accelerating voltages
- Ultralow kV in-lens detectors
- GBSH-S (GENTLEBEAM™ Super High mode) enabling high resolution imaging at extremely low accelerating voltages (down to 10V)
- In-lens Schottky Plus field emission electron gun and low aberration condenser lens provide higher levels of brightness.
- Super Hybrid Lens (SHL), a combination of electrostatic and electromagnetic lenses, to support ultra high resolution imaging and analysis of various samples ranging from magnetic materials to insulators.
- Ample probe current is available at low accelerating voltage, supporting various applications from high resolution imaging to high speed elemental mapping.
- A new sample exchange system is designed to change samples in a safe, speedy, seamless manner through simple operation.