Rheology is the study of flow and deformation of materials. Deformation and flow are referred to as strain or strain rate, respectively, and indicate the distance over which a body moves under the influence of an external force, or stress. For this reason, rheology is also considered to be the study of stress-strain relationships in materials.
A rheometer is a precision instrument that contains the material of interest in a geometric configuration, controls the environment around it, and applies and measures wide ranges of stress, strain, and strain rate.
TA Instruments has the world?s most versatile platform for rheological measurements. A full range of environmental systems and measurement accessories are powered by SmartSwapTM Technology for fast exchange & automatic configuration.
The ARES-G2 is the most advanced rotational rheometer for research and material development. It remains the only commercially available rheometer with a dedicated actuator for deformation control, Torque Rebalance Transducer (TRT), and Force Rebalance Transducer (FRT) for independent shear stress and normal stress measurements. It is recognized by the rheological community as the industry standard to which all other rheometer measurements are compared for accuracy.
The ARES-G2 platform offers an array of incomparable features including:
- Unrivaled data accuracy
- Unmatched strain and new stress control
- Fully integrated fast data sampling
- Separate electronics
- New Smart Swap? environmental systems
- Patented Active Temperature Control
- Advanced accessories
- TRIOS Software providing extreme testing flexibility
- Large Amplitude Oscillatory Shear (LAOS) and Fourier Transform (FT) Rheology Analysis Software package
- NEW Orthogonal Superposition (OSP) and 2 Dimensional Small Amplitude Oscillatory Shear (2D-SAOS) techniques
- NEW DMA mode for measurements of solids in bending, tension and compression
There simply is no comparison to any other rheometer
The Discovery Hybrid Rheometer is available in three models to meet your specific needs of sensitivity and capability. From the world?s most sensitive rheometer ? the HR-3 ? to general purpose HR-1, every Discovery Hybrid Rheometer is built on a common core of the TA Instruments advanced drag cup motor and second generation magnetic thrust bearing. Find out how the Discovery Hybrid Rheometer will improve your rheological characterisation by making better measurements, over a wider range of conditions, with less time in the laboratory.
DHR-3 combines a patented advanced drag cup motor, a second generation magnetic bearing, force rebalance transducer (FRT), and the new patent-pending True Position Sensor (TPS) in a single-head Hybrid rheometer. The DHR has unprecedented performance specification and delivers unsurpassed direct strain control, direct stress control, and normal force measurement accuracy. The DHR features all popular TA innovations including patented Smart SwapTMgeometries and the widest range of Smart Swap temperature systems and accessories commercially available. The result is the most advanced, versatile rheometer platform imaginable.
Virtually every aspect of a rubber material?s processing and performance characteristics is influenced by its rheological properties. TA Instruments provides a complete range of rotorless shear rheometers and curemeters to help you optimize processing, curing, and application performance.
All TA Instruments rubber rheometers are manufactured to exacting mechanical standards and with the latest measurement technology for the most accurate, reliable, and reproducible data available. Available automation systems allow for maximum unattended laboratory productivity in all test environments. Relevant ASTM, DIN, and ISO standards are easily met, as are demands for advanced testing, making these instruments the ideal choice for quality control, analytical, and research needs.
The RPA flex, Rubber Process Analyzer, is the new standard in rotorless rotational shear curemeters. In addition to the standard tests of cure at fixed strain and frequency, the RPA flex can be configured to include variable strain, frequency, advanced LAOS testing, and sample pressure measurement. The RPA flex features a wide range torque transducer and variable sealing pressure and pressure sensor. Employing sealed biconical dies, the RPA flex meets all relevant ASTM, ISO, and DIN standards for rubber and elastomer characterization. The unique design includes an ultra-rigid test frame, variable direct drive motor, precision temperature control with optional cooling, available Autosampler, and powerful Scarabaeus Control and Analysis Software, making it the ideal platform for QC or R&D environments.
- High resolution variable direct drive motor for absolute strain control
- Proprietary high stiffness, wide torque range transducer with high sensitivity for noise free data
- Extremely rigid test frame for accurate compliance free data
- Upgradeable to the widest range of tests and testing conditions
- Fully programmable variable testing parameters (strain, frequency, temperature, and closing pressure)
- Available autosampler for unattended operation
- Pneumatic locking cylinders with adjustable platen closing force and pressure sensor
- User calibration and user replaceable seals