Inverted Confocal Raman Imaging
The alpha300 Ri turns 3D chemical characterization upside down. Its inverted beam path preserves all the functionality of WITec’s standard alpha300 confocal Raman imaging microscopes while introducing a new angle in access and handling. The ability to view and investigate samples from below is a great advantage when working with aqueous solutions and oversized samples. Studies in life sciences, biomedicine and geosciences in particular will benefit from the consistency and flexibility provided by the geometry of the alpha300 Ri.
- An inverted beam path allows liquid samples to be placed on the fixed plane of the stage for quick and repeatable measurements.
- The motorized sample stage also facilitates the mounting of environmental enclosures and other accessories.
- Bulky samples that would be challenging to investigate underneath a conventional microscope objective turret can be accommodated by placing them on the stage of the alpha300 Ri.
- Compatible with other microscopy techniques including: fluorescence, differential interference contrast (DIC) and phase-contrast
- Features all the unique and established imaging and spectroscopy capabilities of the WITec alpha300 R series.
- Non-destructive imaging technique: no staining of fixation of the sample required